NORTH POLE THEMED CHRISTMAS TREE: GET THE LOOK & TIPS FOR A BEAUTIFUL TREE

It's almost the most wonderful time of the year! I'll be back in NYC for Christmas and I'm very excited! For the past few years I've been doing Christmas decorations for stores, including themed trees and storefronts. If I knew I was going to end up blogging, I would've took better photos of the trees I have made. I love themed Christmas Trees and I've made a similar North Pole Themed Tree. If you don't want a traditional tree this year, and are looking to have a fun and cheerful Christmas Tree, themed trees are perfect. After decorating many trees, I've finally mastered the art of a beautiful tree. Although, there is no right or wrong way to decorate a tree, there are a few tips that can help you achieve a more appealing Christmas tree.
TIPS FOR A BEAUTIFUL CHRISTMAS TREE

THINK LARGE
When decorating a tree most miss to use over scaled ornaments. You actually can add other types of decorations, including plush figurines and other tabletop decorations. A dozen of oversized decorations for an average size tree will result in a more beautiful tree. I like to use 6” ornament balls and plush figurines. I use matching colored piper cleaners that can be found at craft stores to tie the oversized ornaments/objects to the tree.

STICK TO A THEME
If you have a theme, your tree will definitely look better. If you don’t have a theme, at least try to color coordinate the tree and it will give you a better result.

DON'T FORGET TO REPEAT
Repeat ornaments so it creates a theme. Buying dozens of main theme ornaments will help you add flair. Don’t be scared to use different sizes and shapes, and try to buy dozens of single colored ornaments that can help bring together the other colors in the tree.

MAKE IT SHINE
Not everyone likes sparkle but glittery ornaments add shine to any tree. Don’t forget to add extra tree lights, this gives the tree more appeal.

FILL IN WITH PICKS & SPRAYS
Fill gaps between branches with fillers such as ornament sprays and picks. A tree that doesn’t look bare really looks beautiful. There are many options that go with different themes whether it is traditional or a themed tree. 

1. Elf Leg Tree Pick $5.95
12. Glitter Jingle Decor $24.95


4 comments

  1. I've never seen a themed tree before! This is lovely.

    I bet Christmas in NY is amazing!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it, it really is lovely and I'm obsessed with themed tress and it's very fun making them! I'll be posting more themed trees as Christmas approaches. Christmas in NYC really is amazing, it takes NYC to a whole other level!

      Delete
  2. This is a neat idea, I love your tree theme! The little legs sticking out are so cute!

    http://arnellavanilla.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Xmas so loved this post! The ornaments are so amazing :) x

    The Belle Narrative

    ReplyDelete